Ford, Parshall & Baker has a distinguished history of representing insurance companies and their policyholders in complex litigation cases involving many different types of claims, including:
Our attorneys are regularly hired by insurers to defend their policyholders throughout the various stages of a case, including initial demands, mediation and settlement conferences, discovery and trial, and any resulting appeal. The FPB appellate group has extensive experience with civil litigation appeals, including claims involving coverage.
Coverage Opinions and Declaratory Judgments
Due to our depth of trial experience and exceptional researching skills, we are often called upon to provide coverage opinions or represent an insurer in matters such as excess liability policies, uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage, self-insured retentions, bad faith and vexatious refusal claims, subrogation claims, disputes between carriers, declaratory judgment actions, title insurance, automotive policies, errors and omissions policies and commercial general liability policies.
Trusted Outside Counsel
We are proud of the continuing partnerships we have developed with many insurance companies during the past few decades. As outside counsel, we provide the knowledge and information that insurers need to efficiently manage cases, including:
- Quickly assessing cases regarding facts, liability, damages and potential exposure.
- Providing accurate case & settlement evaluations.
- Innovative approaches to early case resolutions.
- Frequent reports to clients and their insurers.
- Promptly responding to inquiries and requests.
- Cost control through the use of detailed resolution plans.
- Use of current billing technology, including UTBMS codes and electronic billing.
Ford, Parshall & Baker has an outstanding reputation for its defense of insureds and insurers. FPB has been repeatedly named a “Best Law Firm” by U.S. News & World Reports. U.S. News ranks us as one of the best professional malpractice defense firms. We are AV rated and one of A.M. Best’s Recommended Insurance law firms.