Grace E. Shemwell
A third-generation “Tiger,” Grace graduated from the University of Missouri in 2017 with her J.D. and certificate in ADR. As a student she competed on the Board of Advocates trial teams and was an associate on the Journal of Dispute Resolution. She served on the executive boards for several student organizations including the Student Bar Association, and was an active member of the Women’s Law Association, MAPA and MACDL Student Chapters, the Criminal Law Association, the Black Law Student’s Association, Phi Alpha Delta, Federalist Society, and Phi Delta Phi.
Grace clerked for Ford, Parshall & Baker before joining them as an attorney. Her previous experience includes Rule 13 clinical work, circuit court judicial internships, an internship for the Missouri State Governor's Office of General Counsel, and paralegal work for the Boone County Juvenile Office.
Before law school Grace was an NCAA Div. 1 Track & Field and Cross-Country athlete at Valparaiso University in Indiana. While there she also served as the Chair for the Social Action Leadership Team, a faith-based philanthropic and community service centered organization. In her spare time Grace runs, plays violin in the Columbia Civic Orchestra, does ballet, and crochets.
- General Civil Litigation Practice
- J.D. University of Missouri School of Law, 2017
- B.A., Valparaiso University, Christ College Honors Scholar 2014
- Missouri, 2017
Professional associations and memberships
- Missouri Bar
- Boone County Bar
- Federalist Society, Jefferson City Chapter
- Pupil, American Inns of Court, Elwood L. Thomas Chapter, 2016-2017
Volunteer Associations and Memberships
- Citizens Advisory Board for the Missouri School of Law Family Violence Program
- Member Columbia Civic Orchestra
- Phi Delta Phi, Tiedeman Inn
- Phi Alpha Delta, Lawson Chapter
- Sigma Tau Delta, Kappa Phi Chapter
- Mortar Board, Gown and Gavel Chapter
- Order of the Eastern Star OES, Jessamine Chapter