Emily B. Allison
Emily is a 2014 graduate of Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, where she competed on the mock trial team and was an associate editor and published author for the Global Studies Law Review.
Prior to joining Ford, Parshall & Baker, Emily served as a trial attorney in the Litigation Division of the Missouri Attorney General's Office, representing the state both as plaintiff and defendant in civil matters. Emily has tried employment matters on behalf of the Missouri Veterans Commission and the Missouri State Highway Patrol, and has advocated before the Missouri Court of Appeals and the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. Emily was also a member of the State v. Republic Services trial team, litigating the environmental effects of an underground fire at the Bridgeton Sanitary Landfill in St. Louis County. Emily also served as Missouri’s tobacco enforcement attorney, overseeing the state’s regulation of tobacco manufacturers pursuant to the 1998 Master Settlement Agreement. In October 2015, Emily was nominated by the office to attend the National Association of Attorneys General Trial Training.
Since 2015, Emily has coached the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law mock trial teams. She also serves as a member of the Board of Directors of the Choral Arts Alliance of Missouri, a Columbia-based non-profit organization providing choral opportunities for singers from youth to professional.
- J.D., Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, 2014
- B.A., University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, 2008
- Missouri, 2014
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court, Western District of Missouri
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
Professional associations and memberships
- Associate, American Inns of Court, Elwood L. Thomas Chapter, 2016-2018
- Missouri Bar Association, 2014 to present
Volunteer associations and memberships
- Choral Arts Alliance of Missouri, Board of Directors, 2015-Present
- Daughters of the American Revolution, Columbian Chapter, 2016-Present
- Associate Adjunct Professor of Trial Advocacy, University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law, 2017-Present
- Attendee, National Association of Attorneys General Trial Training, October 2015, Atlanta, GA
Honors & awards
- University of Missouri-Columbia Black Law Students Association, 2015-2016 Annual Lloyd L. Gaines Scholarship Banquet Honoree
- 2016-2017 Board of Advocates Executive Award, University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law
- Scholar in Law Merit Scholarship Recipient, Washington University in St. Louis School of Law
The Social Cost of Baseball: Addressing The Effects of Major League Baseball Recruitment in Latin America and the Caribbean, 13 Wash. U. Global Stud. L. Rev. 767 (2014).