Real Estate and Construction Law
Ford, Parshall & Baker attorneys have extensive experience in representing clients involved in real estate and construction matters. We represent owners, developers, general contractors, subcontractors, construction managers, designers, material suppliers, real estate agents, architects, engineers, inspectors, appraisers, cities, counties and other municipalities, and insurers.
We represent clients in all transactions and proceedings associated with the transfer of real property, land, buildings and businesses. Our attorneys help reduce potential liability by counseling our real estate and construction clients prior to and throughout the project process. Our services include:
- Negotiating and drafting purchase and sale agreements
- Preparing deeds of trust, development agreements, construction bids and contracts, mortgage notes, leases and title documents
- Drafting and reviewing contracts, including general contractor and subcontractor agreements
- Working with parties to resolve disputes that could slow or stall a project
- Assisting with zoning matters, including obtaining zoning variances and appearing at hearings in front of local commissions.
Litigation Involving Real Estate and Construction Businesses
Real estate and construction law is a unique area. Businesses and professionals who work in the fields of residential and commercial real estate sales and construction may be able to assert legal defenses and immunities not available in other professions.
Ford, Parshall & Baker has successfully represented clients in various types of complex real estate and construction cases:
- Mechanics' lien actions
- Professional liability claims
- Construction and design cases
- Contract disputes and breach of contract claims
- Employee disputes, including prevailing wage claims
- Commercial and residential breach of lease claims
- Personal injury, wrongful death and premises liability claims, including fire and electrical liability