After earning a bachelor’s degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia, Todd graduated from Drake University Law School in Des Moines. As a law student, he earned a certificate in constitutional law and civil rights, served on a law journal, worked as a professor’s research assistant, interned with a federal judge, and competed at a national mock trial championship. After earning his professional law degree, Todd received a post-doctoral Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Law and Government degree from American University’s Washington College of Law in the District of Columbia. That degree is accompanied by a certificate in civil and constitutional rights.
Prior to joining Ford, Parshall & Baker in 2015, Todd served in the Missouri Attorney General’s Office. Initially assigned to the Attorney General’s Springfield office, Todd regularly deposed physicians while representing the state’s Second Injury Fund in workers’ compensation cases. He subsequently transferred to the AGO Criminal Division in Jefferson City, were he represented the state in felony appeals. As an appellate litigator, Todd authored over 150 briefs and presented oral argument before all four of Missouri’s state appellate courts, including successfully before the Missouri Supreme Court. See State v. Lovelady, 432 S.W.3d 187 (Mo. banc 2014) (Court of Appeals judgment that the defendant’s drugs had been unconstitutionally seized was reversed, conviction affirmed).
- Insurance Defense
- Professional Malpractice Defense
- Appellate Litigation
- Constitutional Law
- B.A. (Political Science), University of Missouri-Columbia, 2006
- J.D., Drake University Law School, 2008
- LL.M. (Law and Government), American University’s Washington College of Law, 2009
- Supreme Court of the United States, 2015
- Missouri, 2011
- Maryland, 2010
- U.S. Supreme Court Historical Society
- The Missouri Bar
- The American Bar Association
- The Boone County Bar Association
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers Newsletter, Spring 2016, "Settlement Agreements are more than the Magic Number"