Emily W. Little
Emily Little joined Ford, Parshall & Baker in 2002 after gaining invaluable experience as a trial and appellate attorney at the Missouri Attorney General’s Office. She has tried cases to juries in multiple counties and has successfully defended clients in civil lawsuits and administrative proceedings.
In 2008, Emily was recognized by Missouri Lawyers Weekly as an “Up and Coming Lawyer.” In 2009, she was elected to the Board of Directors of the Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers. In 2011, she was a recipient of the prestigious Lon O. Hocker Trial Advocacy Award, which is presented annually to attorneys under the age of 40 who have demonstrated unusual proficiency in the art of trial advocacy. In 2014, Emily received an AV preeminent rating from Martindale Hubbell which signifies a rating at the highest level of professional excellence.
- J.D., University of Tennessee- Knoxville, May 2000
- B.A., Rhodes College, May 1997
- Missouri, 2000
- United States District Court, Western District of Missouri
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
Professional associations and memberships
- Fellow, Missouri Bar Foundation, 2011 to present
- Missouri Bar Association, 2000 to present
- Civil Practice & Procedure Committee Member, 2002 to present
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers, 2003 to present
- Board Member, 2009 to present
- Amicus Committee Vice Chair, 2014 to present
- Women Lawyers Association of Mid-Missouri, 2004 to present
- Boone County Bar Association, 2002 to present
Volunteer associations and memberships
- Heart of Missouri CASA, Board of Directors, 2015-Present
- Columbia Montessori School, Board of Directors, 2009-2012
Honors & awards
- Super Lawyers Magazine - Missouri & Kansas Rising Stars, 2014 and 2015
- Lon 0. Hocker Trial Advocacy Award, 2011
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly, July 28, 2008, "Up and Coming Lawyer"
- Missouri Discovery Deskbook, 2nd Edition, Chapter 3 Interrogatories, The Missouri Bar, 2015
- Missouri Civil Procedure Deskbook, 3rd Edition, Rule 74- Judgments, Orders and Proceedings Thereon, The Missouri Bar 2007 and supplement, 2012
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers Newsletter, Fall 2004, "Can a Parent Execute A Valid Exculpatory Release on Behalf of a Minor Child?"